New for 2017!
Get $100 OFF your registration to the 2017 Hot Firm & A/E Industry Awards Conference if your firm applies for the Best Firms To Work For Award as well as The Hot Firm List and/or Marketing Excellence Awards
The Best Firms to Work For award recognizes the top architecture, structural engineering, civil engineering, environmental, and multidiscipline firms in the US and Canada based on their workplace practices, employee benefits, employee retention rates, and much more.
Participating in the award process is an effective and efficient way to gain employee insight. All participating firms receive a summary report of their employees’ survey responses and a report containing valuable benchmarking data from all firms in a given category.
New categories for 2017. This ranking will recognize the firms in the AEC industry in the following sub-markets/disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Services
- Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Multi-Discipline (Architecture, engineering, and related services)
- Structural Engineering
Winners are based on a combined score from the Corporate Survey and the Employee Survey.
Awards will be conferred at the Hot Firm & A/E Industry Awards Conference on September 21-23, 2017 in Seattle, Washington.
Entry Requirements (applicants must meet all of the following requirements):
- Firms must have a minimum of 10 full-time employees; at least 5 of whom are design or engineering professionals.
- Firms must complete every question marked with an asterisk (*) on this survey (the “Corporate Survey”).
- Selected categories must represent a substantial part of the firm’s overall business.
- For firms with 50 EMPLOYEES OR MORE, a minimum of 40% of the firm’s staff must complete the Employee Survey
- For firms with LESS THAN 50 EMPLOYEES, a minimum of 60% of the firm’s staff must complete the Employee Survey
Step 1: Register your firm online. Decide which category or categories you would like to enter. (There will be a discount for any conference registration if your firm enters for Best Firm To Work For as well as The Hot Firm List or Marketing Excellence)
Step 2: Decide what kind of report your firm would like We offer many different options for the report that you will receive for participating in Best Firm To Work For: 1) Open Response Report- This report will give you all of the answers to the open response questions that will not be available in the basic report. 2) Custom Survey- We can customize your employee survey beyond what is required for BFTWF. 3) Regional Report- We can put together a report for your company based on regions if you have multiple offices. Once you have registered and decided on a report, we will send you the links for the Corporate and Employee surveys.
Step 3: Complete the corporate survey and distribute the employee survey The Corporate Survey includes questions about firm organization and structure that should be answered from a management point of view by whoever has access to financial and policy information. The link that provides your firm’s access to the employee survey will be sent to the primary contact and that person will be responsible for distributing it to all employees of the firm. The link will allow for anonymous answers from your employees
Step 4: Grading. Once these two surveys are completed, they will be graded and combined to determine a final score.
Step 5: Register for the Hot Firm and A/E Industry Awards Conference.
Results: The winners will be notified in late May. The Final ranking will be announced before the Hot Firm and A/E Industry Awards Conference.
- March 1st, 2017 – Early Bird Entry Period ends and regular prices kick in
- May 1, 2017 – Corporate and Employee Survey Deadline
- May 31, 2017 – Winners Notified
- September 21-22, 2017 – Awards Conferred – 2017 Hot Firm and A/E Industry Awards Conference, Seattle, Washington
Your firm’s entry fee also will entitle you to a summary of your firm’s Employee Survey results. This will be distributed via e-mail to the primary contact in August 2017.
Privacy: Zweig Group will not, under any circumstances, disclose the names of firms that apply and do not make the list of winners.
Questions? We encourage you to contact us if you have questions or concerns about the data, privacy, or process. Please contact Kyle Ahern at firstname.lastname@example.org or (479) 435-6519 or (800) 466-6275